Maintenance Engineer MSMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 23, 2020
Status: Full Time Facility: Mount St Marys Hospital Work Schedule: Nights with Rotation to Days Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 3: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 1.000000: Bargaining Unit: SEIU Local 1199Summary:
Assists with monitoring boiler plant and ensuring an adequate supply of steam for heat sterilization and other hospital requirements. Assists with repairs in Facility as needed to meet internal and external needs i.e. Minor plumbing, electrical and HVAC. Must demonstrate an accurate knowledge of fundamental principles of boiler operation. Performs repairs to plumbing, equipment and machinery as required. Complies with established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.Responsibilities:
- High School or equivalent
- Second Class Engineers License required
- Valid New York State Driver's License required
- First Class Engineer License preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- 3 -5 years of Stationary Engineering responsibilities in an Industrial or Hospital setting required
- Input data into computer programs
- Maintain logs
- Hand and power tools
- Personal computer
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases
- Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals
- May be exposed to toxic chemicals
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases
- Subject to burns and cuts
- Subject to injury from moving parts of equipment
- Works in precarious of high locations (ladders, scaffolding, etc.)
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or unit elements
- May be exposed to/occasionally exposed to patient elements
- Subject varying and unpredictable situations
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Exposed to hot or noisy equipment
- Exposed to hot and humid work environment
- Exposed to hazards of steam and heat
- Subject to many interruptions
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
- Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
- Handles absentee replacement on short notice
- Extreme Cold: temperature cold enough to cause marked bodily discomfort.
- Temperature Changes: variations in temperature from hot to cold.
- Noise: sufficient noise to cause distraction or possible hearing loss.
- May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold in all weather conditions.