Registered Nurse PACU MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 23, 2020
Status: Part Time Flex Facility: Mercy Hospital of Buffalo Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday Rotation Shift: 1: Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No FTE: 0.760000: Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Summary:
The role of the Registered Nurse in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit focuses on providing nursing care for the patient in the immediate post anesthesia period, transitioning them to a Phase II, in patient setting or to an intensive care unit setting. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, diagnose, treat and evaluate perceived, actual or potential, physical or psychosocial problems that may result from the intrusion of anesthetic agents or techniques.Responsibilities:
- Currently licensed in New York State
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing
- Certification - BLS, ACLS
- Peri Anesthesia Nursing Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year of critical care experience in an ICU, CCU, ER preferred.
- Post Anesthesia Nursing experience preferred
- Participates in educational conferences and upgrades and maintains professional knowledge and skills related to the area of responsibility, maintains confidentiality, understands the legal aspects of the job function, adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Role includes a variety of problems to be solved under general guidelines, and calls for a variety of decisions, some of which are complex and must be referred to a resource person.
- Assists in directing a small group of employees performing similar or related tasks of semi skilled nature. Instructs employees, assigns, evaluates performance, and maintains efficiency of staff assigned to him/her.
- Has obligations to conserve supplies, equipment and time in a cost effective environment.
- Good mental and physical health. Activity includes lifting, stooping, constant walking.
- The ability to cope with stress and handle multiple priorities is required.
- May also be exposed to communicable diseases.