Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery SWAT SCH
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 29, 2019
Facility: Sisters of Charity HospitalStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours: 7p-7aShift: Shift 3:FTE: 0.920000: Summary:
Provides immediate, short-term intervention and support to the Labor and Delivery Unit. Assists with managing fluctuations in volume and acuity in both the triage area, delivery room and recovery room by providing care to the infant/antepartum/post-partum patients. . The SWAT nurse is required to be flexible and will be assigned throughout various areas/patients in the Labor and Delivery Unit throughout the shift. Demonstrates competency in the following areas, neonatal resuscitation, fetal monitor application, basic cardiac rhythm/arrhythmia interpretation, breastfeeding support, care of the post-partum vaginal delivery and the recovery of the post -partum surgical patient. Coordinates patient care through assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluation. Participates in patient and family teaching. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with health care team members in maintaining standards for professional practice in the clinical setting. Participates in quality improvement initiatives.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- BSN preferred
- Maintains a current New York State Professional RN License required
- Basic Life Support & Neonatal Resuscitation Program required
- Completion of Basic Fetal Monitoring and cardiac rhythm/arrhythmia class required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Three (3) Years Maternal Child experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform technical aspects of job with unit-based equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work across Service Line
- Ability to meet demands of unit staffing - need for increased census and acuity.
- Adaptable to inside and outside environmental conditions.