Work Schedule: Evenings Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation
Bargaining Unit: SEIU Local 1199
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
Hours: Prime shift: 4pm-2am, 2pm-midnight; secondary shift 8pm-6am
Shift: Shift 2:
Performs tests in the clinical laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Performs testing via glucose meter, to include quality control. Performs testing via glucose meter, to include quality control. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Complies with and conducts all activities in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and Hospital's Employee Standards of Conduct and Corporate Responsibility Program. Maintains good relations with patients, medical staff and other departments as well as other hospitals that use services.
Associate's (2 year) degree in medical technology or equivalent required
Must annually complete a minimum of twelve (12) continuing education credits to remain qualified to function in this position. Failure to meet this standard will result in termination of employment
Currently licensed by New York State Department of Education as Clinical Laboratory Technician or meets criteria for limited permit for licensure.
A.S.C.P. Certification preferred.
On the job training.
Hospital or physician's office laboratory experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
Input data into computer programs
Maintain filing systems
Computer peripheral equipment
• Exposed to infection from disease-bearing specimens
• Regularly exposed to the risk of bloodborne diseases
• May be exposed to toxic chemicals
• Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
• Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
• Handles emergency or crisis situations
• Subject to many interruptions
• Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
• Occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries
• Required judgment/action which could result in death of patient