Registered Nurse GI Endoscopy SCH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Dec 12, 2019
Facility: Sisters of Charity HospitalStatus: Part Time w/Benefits Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours: 7-3 8-4 9-5 10-6 11-7 rotationShift: Shift 1:FTE: 0.400000: Summary:
The Registered Nurse in the PACU is responsible for delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation in the pre-operative and post-operative phases. She/he anticipates the needs of the patient. Participates in patient teaching and provides leadership by working with ancillary personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the PACU.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing
- BSN preferred
- Operating Room experience or minimal two years medical surgical experience.
- BLS Training required.
- ACLS training required.
- Meets and is current and competent with all NYS licensure requirements. Not limited to Infection Control and Child Abuse mandatory reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous nursing experience strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform technical aspects of job with unit-based equipment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work across Service Line
- Ability to meet demands of unit staffing - need for increased census and acuity.
- Adaptable to inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.