Manager Health Information Management HCBC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 22, 2020
Facility: Administrative Regional Training CntrStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: YesHours: 8:00am to 4:00pmShift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.000000: Summary:
The Manager, Health Information Management directs and supervises the daily operations of the HIM and coding staff in Home and Community Based Care, along with the initial entry/contact function in home care. Participates in the planning, coordination and staffing of the departments and is responsible to ensure customer service and adherence to regulations and Catholic Health policies. Maintains electronic medical record integrity through the supervision of timely and accurate prepping, scanning, and analyzing of medical records into the document imaging system. This position is also responsible for tracking and obtaining physician signatures on all orders and plans of care in an appropriate and timely fashion to meet regulatory and billing guidelines.Responsibilities:
- Associate's degree in health related field required
- Associate's degree in Health Information Technology preferred
- Medical terminology coursework required
- In lieu of an Associate's degree, a candidate with at least three (3) years of Health Information department experience and medical terminology may be considered
- Certification as a RHIT is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in a Health Information department required
- Leadership and/or management experience required as evidenced by effective communication skills, conflict mediation skills, ability to develop and articulate vision for program of care, effective resource procurement and allocation, ability to mentor others, and ability to coordinate activities of others.
- Visual acuity to read and assist with physician documentation in the medical record to distinguish completeness.
- Must have good verbal, written, and computer communication skills, and ability to navigate the Internet.
- Must demonstrate the ability to be detail-oriented and perform tasks at a high rate of accuracy.
- Proficient with computers and keyboarding skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Medical terminology.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; as well as the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understands and maintains the confidential nature of information handled and discussed.
- Ability to apply judgment independently, and prioritize tasks.