Hospitality Associate Dietary MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Apr 25, 2020
Facility: Mercy Hospital of BuffaloStatus: Part Time w/Benefits Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours: 6:30am-2:30pmShift: Shift 1:FTE: 0.600000: Summary:
Promotes and maintains a positive service culture. Performs a variety of duties to include serving meals to patients/residents and visitors in a professional, efficient manner. Informs patients of meal and menu practices and obtains meal preferences and selections if applicable. Performs other tasks as related to patient meal service as assigned. Adheres to safe food handling procedures. Adheres to the Values in Practice initiatives.Responsibilities:
EXPERIENCEKNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- High school diploma or GED required
- Personal characteristics necessary for success in a customer service oriented job; as determined by attainment of an acceptable job percent match on a validated customer service profile instrument
- Ability to read and write English, follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate
- Ability to tell time and read a clock
- Ability to perform basic math functions
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Must possess or have ability to learn basic computer skills
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking.
- Pushes/pulls, moves/lifts equipment/supplies.
- Manual dexterity and mobility required.
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
- Exposed to hazards from electrical/mechanical/power equipment.
- Exposed to housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals.
- Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases.
- Subject to burns and cuts.
- Subject to varying and unpredictable situations.
- Exposed to hazards of steam and heat.
- Exposed to varying degrees of kitchen elements:
- Temperature cold enough to cause marked bodily discomfort.
- Temperatures hot enough to cause bodily discomfort.
- Frequent contact with water or other liquids.