Administrator Mercy Nursing Facility
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lackawanna, NY, United States
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2020
Facility: Mercy Nursing Facility SNF Post AcuteStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: YesHours:8:30am-4:30pm Shift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.000000: Summary:
The Administrator, Long Term Care directs daily operations of a skilled nursing facility in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations. Oversees skilled nursing facility comprised of long term residents and short-stay clinically complex, medical sub-acute, and orthopedic patients. Responsible for daily operations, enhancing, and maintaining the highest quality of care for its residents. Maintains leadership role, implementing the Mission, Vision, Goals, and objectives of Catholic Health. Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Health, or Human Services required;
- Master's degree preferred; and
- Must possess and maintain active licensure in Nursing Home Administration from the New York State Department of Health.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum five (5) years leadership experience in healthcare, with proven success in strategic planning, budget/fiscal oversight, and operations.
- Maintains 48 hours of continuing education credits every two years required to maintain current licensure;
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Ability to plan, develop, organize, implement and direct facility programs and activities.
- Knowledge in addressing the needs of clinically complex, medical sub-acute, and orthopedic patients in addition to long term residents;
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to multiple administrative, professional and support staff;
- Demonstrated ability to build teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health system organization and facility administration, including knowledge of Federal code (42 CFR), state code ((10) NYCRR) and all other standards, rules, regulations and laws applicable to health facility operations, housing and PACE;
- Significant ability to maintain multiple initiatives simultaneously, take necessary actions, interventions and achieve initiatives within predetermined time frames;
- Proven capacity to lead and manage in a complex environment;
- Possess outstanding leadership, managerial and organizational skills, including but not limited to planning, organizing, financial management and performance improvement processes;
- Must possess high degree of initiative in policies and plans, acting independently, often with little or no supervision;
- Requires sound quantitative knowledge and analytical ability, fiscal aptitude and system focus;
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and is a relationship builder who is able to maintain relations with all stakeholders;
- Outgoing , personable and inclusive style; mentors and develops staff; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Office environment - may work long hours, irregular hours, including weekends and holidays;
- Is subject to call back based on emergencies.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.