Nurse Practitioner Registered Nurse First Assist KMH N
Location: Kenmore, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jan 27, 2020
Facility: Kenmore Mercy HospitalStatus: Part Time w/Benefits Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours: 6-2p,7-3p,8-4p,9-5p,10-6p,11-7p,12-8 with holiday coverage, and weekend, evening and night call shiftsShift: Shift 1:FTE: 0.600000: Summary:
Works collaboratively with the multidisciplinary health team providing care by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care to neurology patient. Position focuses mainly on outpatient care, but may also provide inpatient consultation, treatment and follow up. Participates in patient and family teaching. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with health care team members in maintaining standards for professional practice in the clinical setting. Supports delivery of evidence-based assessment and management. Participates in performance improvement processes. Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Maintains a current New York State Professional RN License.
- Completion of an accredited program for Nurse Practitioners.
- Maintains Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner Certification.
- Meets credentialing requirements as appropriate through the Medical Staff office.
- Masters degree preferred.
KNOWLEDGE,SKILL AND ABILITY
- Three (3) years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience in the neurosciences preferred.
- CPR Certified
- ACLS Certified
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Must be able to work in hectic environment making sound decisions at all times.
- Work is demanding and stressful at times. Visual and auditory acuity are essential.
- Considerable walking and standing during the tour of duty.
- Knowledge and utilization of proper body mechanics is essential as lifting, pulling and pushing patients and equipment are required.
- Works indoors in a well-lighted, well-ventilated area. May be exposed to communicable diseases.