Registered Nurse Charge Clinical Decision Unit MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Mar 25, 2020
Facility: Mercy Hospital of BuffaloStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours: 6:30pm-7:00amShift: Shift 3:FTE: 0.940000: Summary:
Participates in the overall planning, organizing, directing, decision making and evaluation of the delivery of nursing care on their shift. As a professional nurse, the charge nurse is responsible for assisting in the management of resources necessary and appropriate for the provision of achievement of positive patient outcomes. As a professional nurse, the charge nurse participates in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect.Responsibilities:
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Nursing Program.
- Current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State, BLS, ACLS validation is required within six (6) months for telemetry charge.
- Must possess unit specific education requirements, BSN preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum one (1) year recent clinical experience.
- Demonstrates leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Certification in specific area preferred. Computer literate.
- The ability to cope with stress and handle multiple priorities is required.
- May also be exposed to communicable diseases.