Registered Nurse Float Pool HCBC
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Apr 3, 2021
Facility: Administrative Regional Training CntrStatus: Per Diem Work Schedule: Varied Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours: May be 6-2, 7-3, 2-10, 3-11, 10-6 or 11-7 minimum of 4 shifts per month, 2 of which must be weekend shifts; 1 major, 1 minor holiday per year availabilit
y.Shift: Shift 1:FTE: 0.100000:Summary:
As part of the Community Based Care Float Pool, the associate will work in any of the four facilities of Catholic Health facilities or St. Joseph Post-Acute Center to cover vacancies and absences. The RN coordinates total patient care through assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating. Participates in patient and family teaching and supports the activities of the clinical personnel on the Sub-Acute or Skilled Nursing Unit. Actively participates in the direct care of the patient, utilizing the Nursing Process to treat patients with a variety of medical and surgical health problems. Collaborates with other health professionals in coordinating patient care and provides direction to other non-licensed personnel within the department.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing, ADN;
- BSN strongly preferred;
- Current New York State Professional Nurse License;
- CPR certification required;
- BLS preferred;
- Meets and is current and competent with all New York State licensure requirements, not limited to Infection Control and mandatory adult/ elder abuse reporting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Registered Nurse experience in the Long Term Care, Sub-Acute or Acute Care settings preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to perform technical aspects of job with unit-based equipment;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to meet demands of unit staffing, including need for increased census and acuity.
- Ability to travel to all Community Based Care work sites.