Enrollment Navigator LIFE
Location: Lackawanna, NY, United States
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2020
Facility: LIFE PACE OLVStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours: 8:30 - 4:30 with some flexShift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.000000: Summary:
- The primary goal of this position is to support and facilitate potential participant's introduction to the Living Independently For Elders (LIFE) program of Catholic Health (CH) while incorporating the philosophy and mission of Catholic Health. This position will be responsible for receiving pre-enrollment information from individuals who express an interest in the LIFE program. Assist in the completion of Medicaid applications, including obtaining necessary documentation. Act as point person for center visitors and potential participants during day center assessments and visits. Must possess strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills related to a geriatric population.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Associate's' degree in a health care/social services/human services or related field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- One (1) to Two (2) years of healthcare/social services/human services preferred
- One (1) to Two (2) years of customer service or sales experience required.
- One year of experience working with frail elderly population preferred.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working relationship/knowledge of senior health issues and the Program's service area.
- Strong computer skills. Willingness to learn new software applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Most possess a valid driver's license and have a car available for work use
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships and to work productively with all levels of personnel including clinical staff, families and care givers.
- Accountable and results oriented
- Detail oriented
- Experience in or willingness to learn Medicaid and Pooled Trust application process
- Integrity and respect for others
- Possess active listening skills, analytical abilities and teaching abilities.
- Demonstrated commitment to work within the team of health professionals, accepting and considering all points of view.
- Fluency in Spanish is desirable.