Nurse Manager Critical Care MSMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 9, 2020
Facility: Mount St. Mary's HospitalStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: YesHours: Primarily 8a-4p. Hours to vary depending on needs of the department.Shift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.000000: Summary:
The Nurse Manager, Critical Care (ED/ICU) is the leader of the team accountable for 24 hour/ 7 day a week management of clinical nursing practice, patient care delivery, the management of human resources, as well as fiscal responsibility for all areas assigned. Develops high quality health programs congruent with Catholic Health missions, vision, values, departmental goals and objectives. Assists in developing continuous quality improvements and assists in developing departmental policies and procedures in order to promote the provision of high quality health care services within the hospital. She/he will directly oversee Nursing Unit Clinical Coordinators in the hospital promoting effective relationships within the hospital, serving on administrative committees, recruitment & retention, assist in developing departmental budgets, and be responsible for planning, coordination and implementation of patient care programs. Additional responsibilities include providing guidance and support to staff members, identifying ways to improve the quality of services provided and advocating staff member participation and continuing education activities. Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Current New York State Registration required.
- Advanced preparation in Nursing with a Master's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS).
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification (PALS) with 12 months of assuming position.
- Certification in a Nursing Specialty preferred
- Three (3) or more years of clinical nursing experience/charge nurse experience required.
- Minimum of one (1) year Critical Care or Emergency Department experience required
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.