Registered Nurse Lactation SCH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Apr 6, 2020
Facility: Sisters of Charity HospitalStatus: Part Time w/Benefits Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours: variable; 7a7p/8a-8p/9a-9p/10a-10pShift: Shift 1:FTE: 0.613333: Summary:
The Registered nurse is responsible for applying the nursing process in the care of the breastfeeding mothers and infants, with a focus on the clinical support of lactation needs, encouragement, education and consultation in both inpatient and outpatient setting.Responsibilities:
- Current New York State Nursing License required.
- BSN preferred
- Current and sustained certification as an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant or Certified Lactation Consultant required.
- Current Basic Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program within six months of placement in the position.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- One year experience in the field of lactation consultation required
- RN experience in the field of Maternal Child required
- Demonstrated clinical ability in lactation.
- Excellent communication skills.