Development Specialist SCH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Facility: Sisters of Charity HospitalStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: YesHours:Shift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.000000: Summary:
The Development Specialist is responsible for maintenance and expansion of the Foundation's fundraising efforts. Primary to this is the planning and coordination of all signature special events and third-party events, assistance with internal annual giving promotion, ongoing donor acquisition strategies and activities and volunteer recruitment and management. The Development Specialist consistently manages extensive workload and performs all tasks professionally with the highest regard for donors. The Development Specialist strategically utilizes an enhanced donor database, with extensive knowledge of donor records and history in all aspects of work. Supports Executive Director in creation and retention of a Culture of Philanthropy in support of enhancing patient care.Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Five (5) years of development experience with a proven track record of fundraising and bottom-line results
- Background/involvement in a non-profit environment is essential
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task required for all aspects of position
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate events/ fundraising activities
- Volunteer and committee management preferred
- Experience with direct-mail fundraising and annual fund management preferred
- Experience with mobile-bidding software and website content preferred
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of current trends
- Computer proficient in a Microsoft environment, Raiser's Edge database experience/knowledge in a P.C. environment
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- General office working condition. Workstation in Foundation offices. Some travel is possible. May be required for some morning or evening meetings and weekend hours.