Registered Nurse Hemodialysis SCH SJC
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: May 21, 2020
Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph CampusStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days with Call Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1168Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours: 0700-1900, ON CALL 1900-0700Shift: Shift 1:FTE: 0.920000: Summary:
The registered nurse provides professional nursing care to patients on the assigned nursing unit following established policies, procedures and standards of practice.Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse in the State of New York.
- BSN strongly preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum of one year dialysis experience required
- Within 90 days of beginning the job, completion of Arrhythmia interpretation and defibrillation course
- Within one year of beginning the job, completion of ACLS certification
- Basic Life Support certification
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Demonstrated clinical ability
- Must be organized in maintaining workflow.
- Must possess patience and maturity in dealing with patients and families as well as medical staff and other hospital personnel.
- The position required heavy physical demands of lifting, positioning patients and moving equipment.
- Works on a nursing unit and in patient rooms