Office Supervisor PCC Colomba MSMH
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Apr 11, 2020
Facility: Mount St. Mary's HospitalStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: YesHours:M-F 8a-4pShift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.000000: Summary:
The Office Supervisor is responsible for the daily operational management of Primary Care site. Responsibilities include the supervision, coordination and support of the clinic staff. Responsible for coordination and facilitation of the administrative personnel, clerical, housekeeping, and maintenance as related to direct patient care. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Maintains confidentiality of all information. Strives to incorporate the philosophy and mission of the Hospital. Responsibilities:
- Associates Degree as Medical Office Assistant/Nursing, Business or other Healthcare related field required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Healthcare related field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) to three (3) Years Private office experience in one of the following - Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or Family Practice required.
- CPT Coding knowledge and medical terminology required.
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Management/supervisory experience in healthcare field preferred.
- Excellent human relations and oral/written communication skills.
- Answer telephones
- Compile statistics
- Compose letters/memorandums
- Coordinate events
- Coordinate meetings
- Establish filing systems
- Maintain filing systems
- Maintain logs
- Maintain patient charts
- Proof-read documents
- Research information
- Schedule appointments
- Exposed to: Infection from disease-bearing specimens, a variety of electro-mechanical hazards, odorous chemicals and specimens, housekeeping cleaning agents/chemicals, hazardous anesthetic agents, body fluids and wastes; unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness); dangers of assaults/hazards from investigating alarms.
- May be exposed to: infections and contagious diseases; biohazardous, radioactive substances; toxic chemical (photocopier).
- Subject to: many interruptions
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or elements
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
- Handles: absentee replacement on short notice; emergency/crisis situations (potential patient violence)
- Increased pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries