Stationary Engineer First Class Facility Services MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 26, 2020
Facility: Mercy Hospital of BuffaloStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days Evenings Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: IUOE Local 17Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours:
7am-3pm/3p-11p/11p-7a rotation as reqired , weekend rotation as requiredShift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.066666: Summary:
Operate, install, maintain and/or repair all heating, steam hot water, ventilating, refrigeration and air conditioning equipment and systems of the hospital and its complex. May be required to work outside the normal job classification to facilitate workflow. Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED, Technical School Graduate preferred
- Courses pertaining to the specialty
- 1st Class Stationary Engineer license
- CFC License
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Two (2) - three (3) years Powerhouse experience
- Two (2) - three (3) years Refrigeration and Air Conditioning experience
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Must be able to read blueprints, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Knowledge of codes as they pertain to skill.
- Frequent exposure to many disagreeable physical conditions.
- Willingness to work in a hot, dirty, noisy area.
- Normal hazard and physical requirements of the craft, to include walking, standing stooping, kneeling, crouching, turning and working in awkward positions and ability to climb ladders and work in high places.