Registered Nurse Critical Care Unit B CVICU MHB
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: May 11, 2020
Facility: Mercy Hospital of BuffaloStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Evenings Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours:6:30p-6:45aShift: Shift 3:FTE: 0.940000: Summary:
Coordinates the nursing care for patients by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating. Participates in patient and family teaching. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary, nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the Critical Care Unit.Responsibilities:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Graduate from an accredited Registered Professional Nursing Program with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing
- Successful passing of NYS licensing boards within four (4) months of hire date
- Current BLS validation
- ACLS validation within six (6) months
- Completion of critical care course within six (6) months
- Successful completion of internship in critical care within the last twelve (12) months
- Participates in educational conferences and upgrades and maintains professional knowledge and skills related to the area of responsibility, maintains confidentiality, understands the legal aspects of the job function, and adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Role includes a variety of problems to be solved under general guidelines, and calls for a variety of decisions, some of which are complex and must be referred to a resource person.
- Assists in directing a small group of employees performing similar or related tasks of a semi-skilled nature. Instructs employees, assigns, evaluates performance and maintains efficiency of staff assigned to her/him.
- Has obligations to conserve supplies, equipment and time in a cost-effective environment.