Respiratory Therapy Sleep Therapist Sleep Care KMH
Location: Kenmore, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2020
Facility: Kenmore Mercy HospitalStatus: Per Diem Work Schedule: Nights Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours: 6:30 pm-6:30 amShift: Shift 3:FTE: 0.100000: Summary:
Performs prescribed procedures of respiratory care and the sleep laboratory under the direction of a physician in accordance with established policies, practices and standards.Responsibilities:
- Associates Degree in Respiratory Therapy.
- Must possess valid New York State Respiratory Therapist license to practice Respiratory Therapy.
- Must possess Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) credential.
- Must possess Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (R.PSG.T.) credential or complete the AASM A-step self-study modules within 18 months of hire.
- BLS/CPR certification required within three months of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Pre-Hire Experience: Three (3) years of previous respiratory and/ or sleep clinical experience preferred, however new graduates with a license to practice Respiratory Therapy will be considered.
- Post-Hire Experience: Orientation and training to the essential functions of the position is expected to be completed during the introduction period.
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to assess/interpret patient data and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Frequent exposure to infectious diseases/blood and body fluids.
- Works with a variety of medical gases.
- May require variable work schedules to maintain a 24/7 operation, including overnight shifts and weekend/holiday work time. Responsible to carry/respond to a pager when on duty.