Medical Assistant SCH SJC MCCC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Facility: Mercy Comprehensive Care CenterStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours:7am - 5pmShift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.000000: Summary:
The Medical Assistant is under the direct supervision of the LPN, RN, NP, Physician Assistant and/or Physician to deliver care to the patient and assist the health care providerResponsibilities:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Associates degree or certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Proficient in computer skills, including the use of a computer (keyboarding and the mouse), Microsoft Word and email
- Mental and physical health sufficient to withstand strenuous activity, bending, lifting, walking
- Hand and finger dexterity to manipulate hospital equipment
- Desire and skill to meet the needs of the outpatient
- Continuous awareness of need for safety measures in patient care
- Must strive for gentle, friendly, cooperative and courteous behavior toward our poor and underprivileged population