Registered Nurse Operating Room Service Line Lead
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jun 29, 2020
Facility: Mercy Hospital of BuffaloStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours:6-2, 6:30-4:30, 7:00 - 5:00,Shift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.013333: Summary:
Responsible for providing guidance, clinical expertise, and mentoring within the surgical specialty or specialties, while optimizing available resources to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Functions as a resource within surgical specialty or specialties. Coordinate total nursing care for the perioperative patient by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating. Provides leadership by working cooperatively with ancillary, nursing and other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional nursing practice in the surgical setting. Participates in performance improvement initiatives.Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current registered nurse licensure in NY
- Basic life support (BLS) certification Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- CNOR preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum of 3 years of operating Room experience required
- Documented experience in service line(s) / specialties required
- Basic computer skills (e.g., Microsoft® Word)
- Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR) certification
- Advanced computer skills (e.g., Microsoft® PowerPoint, Excel)
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Participates in educational conferences and upgrades and maintains professional knowledge and skills related to the area of responsibility
- Maintains confidentiality
- Understands the legal aspects of the job function
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Has an obligation to conserve supplies, equipment and time in a cost-effective environment.
- Good mental and physical health. Activity includes balancing, lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, pushing, pulling, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, constant walking and heavy work. Finger and hand dexterity and visual and aural and olfactory acuity to recognize changes in patients' condition. The ability to cope with stress and handle multiple priorities is required. Available for call. Subject to environmental conditions.