Community Care Coordinator Registered Nurse Emergency Dept
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Facility: Sisters of Charity HospitalStatus: Part Time Temporary Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: YesHours:7-3Shift: Shift 1:FTE: 0.500000: Summary:
The Community Care Coordinator is a grant funded position which oversees, coordinates and connects patients, with multi-visits in the Emergency Department, to the most appropriate level of care. This position understands, designs and implements evidence-based community care coordination strategies in collaboration with CH and DSRIP leadership. The Community Care Coordinator conducts a comprehensive multi-dimensional assessment of patients and formulates a patient centric plan of care that compliments the medical treatment plan and also supports the patient in developing SMART self- management goals. Responsibilities:
- Graduate of an accredited professional nursing program
- BSN required or must be actively enrolled in BSN program with completion within three (3) years of assignment
- Current RN licensure in the State of New York
- Current BLS certification required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Five (5) years of acute care nursing; with two (2) years in the ED required
- Community Care Coordination experience preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- Interpersonal skills and professional attitude necessary to work productively with all levels of unit personnel, as well as physicians, families, visitors and to manage the activities of a diverse group of professional, nonprofessional and clerical employees
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, are required to maintain professional relationships
- Possesses active listening skills
- Planning skills to develop goals and objectives in concert with those of the hospital and implements action plans to meet those goals
- Analytical ability to identify opportunities for improvements as well as positive problem resolution
- Teaching abilities to promote optimum orientation and continuing education of staff
- Has current knowledge of health care trends and issues and relates same to hospital and work area environment
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.