Central Transport Runner Attendant SJC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: Jul 16, 2020
Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph CampusStatus: Part Time Temporary Work Schedule: Nights with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours:7a-7p/7p-7a and 7a-3p/3p-11p/11p-7aShift: Shift 3:FTE: 0.500000: Summary:
Central Transport / Runners work as a central distribution model working as either a runner or dispatcher. They work as a team to coordinate the transport of supplies, lab samples, blood products, paperwork, food, equipment, staff, patients and other products through the yellow zone to the other zones within the facility. They also assist in cleaning and sanitizing of any equipment moving through the zones and maintaining a clean yellow zone. Central Transport / Runners also monitor staff moving through the yellow zone to ensure they are using proper PPE and following correct protocols in the zones. The position requires constant use of personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to infectious diseases. Central Transport / Runners required to work in the yellow zone of the St. Joseph Campus COVID-19 Treatment facility. Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- No previous experience required
- Good communication skills
- Ability to interact with co-workers, supervisors and other departments.
- Highly motivated and reliable
- Ability to meet consistent attendance
- Ability to follow directions
- Strong teamwork
- Work inside the facility within the yellow zones of the hospital.
- Standing, walking and lifting throughout the day.
- There is a low risk of exposure to infectious diseases.
- Consistantly dons Personal Protective Equipment required in Yellow Zones (procedure masks, gloves)