Registered Nurse Critical Care GI Unit SCH SJC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: Aug 25, 2020
Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph CampusStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1168Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours:8-4, 9-5, 7-3, 6-14Shift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.000000: Summary:
Responsible documentation of patient care and provides a safe and comfortable environment for the patient and staff. Collaborates with other disciplines to revise the patient care plan according to changing patient needs. Knowledgeable of preparation and administration of meds, know possible side effects and contraindications. Initiates patient teaching to patient and family members as necessary.Responsibilities:
- High School diploma or GED
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- BSN strongly preferred
- Current registration as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State
- Basic Life Support
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITYWORKING CONDITIONS ENVIRONMENT
- One (1) year GI Unit experience preferred or one (1) year of Operating Room experience or completion of a post-graduate Peri-
- Operative Program.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.
- Intermittent exposure to a few unpleasant physical conditions.
- Frequent exposure too many disagreeable physical conditions.
- Continuous exposure to extremely disagreeable physical conditions.