Medical Sonographer Registered MSMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2020
Facility: Mount St. Mary's HospitalStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Evenings, Days, with call, weekend and holiday rotation Bargaining Unit: SEIU Local 1199Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours:primary 2p-10p secondary 9-5p, 10-6pShift: Shift 2FTE: 1.000000: Summary:
Performs diagnostic ultrasound examinations for subsequent evaluation. Performs diagnostic medical radiographs and images. Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation as appropriate to the ages of the patients served, based on the area of clinical practice. May be assigned off-site.Responsibilities:
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training required
- Current NYS Driver's License required for all employees required
- MST-15 must be RDMS Registry Eligible
- MST-15A must have current RDMS (Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographers) Certification
- For those employees who accept positions posted after 10/28/14, must have a current RDMS (Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer) or RVT (Registered Vascular Technologist) Certification.
- Those employees in positions posted prior to 10/28/14 who are Registry Eligible must obtain RDMS or RVT Certification by August 1, 2015 or will be terminated.
- Employees who float to other departments must possess the competencies/certifications and minimum requirements of that job classification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous Clinical Ultrasound Experience required
- One (1) Year Ultrasound Experience preferred
- Answers Telephone
- Maintain Filing System
- Schedule Appointments
- Diagnostic Equipment
- May be exposed to Infectious and Contagious Diseases
- Exposed to Hazardous Anesthetic Agents, Body Fluids and Wastes
- Subject to Electrical and Radiant Energy Hazards
- Exposed to Odorous Chemical and Specimens
- Occasional Exposure to Unpleasant Patient or Unit Elements
- Contact with Patients under a Wide Variety of Circumstances
- Subject to Varying and Unpredictable Situations
- Handles Emergency or Crisis Situations
- Subject to Many Interruptions
- Subject to Long Irregular Hours
- Occasional Pressure Due to Multiple Calls and Inquires
- Required Protective Equipment
- Lead Apron, Gloves, Shields, Etc.
- Sterile and Non-Sterile Medical Gloves