Registered Nurse Cardiac and Imaging SCH SJC
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Cheektowaga, NY, United States
Date Posted: Nov 6, 2020
Facility: Sisters of Charity Hospital St Joseph CampusStatus: Part Time w/Benefits Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1168Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours:7a-3pShift: Shift 1:FTE: 0.400000: Summary:
Provides care to stress lab and imaging patients utilizing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation skills under the direction of a physician/extender in accordance with established policies, practices and standards. Questions, assesses patient and/or reviews patient charts to obtain appropriate history for the exam. Prepares patients and conducts a variety of diagnostic and interventional procedures in the cardiac stress lab and imaging. May participate in other diagnostic procedures in the Cardiology department. May assist in directing, coordinating, or the delivery of patient care throughout Cardiology and Imaging
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program.
- Licensed to practice nursing in New York State
- BSN Preferred
- Certification in ACLS required
- Valid BLS required.
- Maintain conscious sedation competency
Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Must have five (5) years of acute care nursing experience.
- Must have three (3) years Cardiology experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT:
- Must be capable of administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation and defibrillation.
- Must be proficient in starting intravenous lines.
- Must be skilled in EKG rhythm interpretation.
- Work requires precision in recording and preparing data, recognizing that errors may have serious consequences for patients.
- Must pay strict attention to detail and maintain alertness to detect evidence of irregularities in tracings as well as equipment malfunctions.
- Must be organized in maintaining workflow.
- Must possess patience and maturity in dealing with patients and families as well as medical staff and other hospital personnel.
- Intermittent exposure to a few unpleasant physical conditions.
- Exposure to patients who may be confused or combative
- Exposure to patients with infectious diseases.