Services Representative I Neurology Center MSMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2020
Facility: Mount St. Mary's HospitalStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours:8:00am-4:00pm, 8:30am-4:30pm, 9:00am-5:00pm, 10:00am-6:00pmShift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.000000: Summary:
The Service Representative greets patients, registers demographic and insurance information into computer system, schedules appointments, performs other duties to meet patient and office needs including billing, coding, referrals, HealtheNet, insurance verification, phones, messages, filing, typing, copying, faxing and transcription.Responsibilities:
- High School Graduate (with courses in typing and English) or GED equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Six months to one year clerical work experience required. Medical office situation preferred. Medical terminology preferred.
- Customer service experience preferred
- Ability to work well in stressful situations and conditions of frequent interruption
- Handles office equipment and supplies
- Good physical and mental health
- Position requires walking, standing, sitting and frequent stooping
- May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases, occasional exposure to unpleasant patient elements, contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances, may be exposed to patient elements, exposed to unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness), subject to varying and unpredictable situations, handles emergency or crisis situations, subject to many interruptions, occasionally subjected to irregular hours, occasional pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries, handles absentee replacement on short notice, may be exposed to toxic chemicals due to photocopier, flexibility in scheduled working hours/days to meet needs of unit