Registered Nurse PACU MHB
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Sep 24, 2020
Facility: Mercy Hospital of BuffaloStatus: Part Time Flex Work Schedule: Days and Evenings with Call Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours:Variable Start times from 6:30a-1:00p. End times from 4:30p-11:00p
.Shift: Shift 1:FTE: 0.760000: Summary:
The role of the Registered Nurse in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit focuses on providing nursing care for the patient in the immediate post anesthesia period, transitioning them to a Phase II, in patient setting or to an intensive care unit setting. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, diagnose, treat and evaluate perceived, actual or potential, physical or psychosocial problems that may result from the intrusion of anesthetic agents or techniques.Responsibilities:
- Currently licensed in New York State
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing
- Certification - BLS, ACLS
- Peri Anesthesia Nursing Certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year of critical care experience in an ICU, CCU, ER preferred.
- Post Anesthesia Nursing experience preferred
- Participates in educational conferences and upgrades and maintains professional knowledge and skills related to the area of responsibility, maintains confidentiality, understands the legal aspects of the job function, adheres to hospital policies and procedures.
- Role includes a variety of problems to be solved under general guidelines, and calls for a variety of decisions, some of which are complex and must be referred to a resource person.
- Assists in directing a small group of employees performing similar or related tasks of semi skilled nature. Instructs employees, assigns, evaluates performance, and maintains efficiency of staff assigned to him/her.
- Has obligations to conserve supplies, equipment and time in a cost effective environment.
- Good mental and physical health. Activity includes lifting, stooping, constant walking.
- The ability to cope with stress and handle multiple priorities is required.
- May also be exposed to communicable diseases.