Nurse Manager Medical Telemetry MSMH
Location: Lewiston, NY, United States
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2020
Facility: Mount St. Mary's HospitalStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: YesHours:8am-4pmShift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.000000: Summary:
The Nurse Manager Medical Telemetry is responsible for the 24-hour operational management of the nursing unit. Accountable and responsible for the supervision, direction and support of the nursing staff on the unit in order to provide and deliver quality patient care. Accepts responsibility for the delivery of patient care through the process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation as appropriate to the ages of the patients served, based on the areas of clinical practice. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Maintains confidentiality of all hospital/staff information. Strives to incorporate the philosophy and mission of Mount St. Mary's Hospital and to incorporate the hospital's goal of quality care in a personal manner with total regard for individual human dignity.Responsibilities:
- BSN required
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Master's Degree preferred
- Current New York State Registration
- Certification in a nursing specialty preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Three (3) or more year's clinical nursing experience/charge nurse experience.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively and effectively with all levels of unit personnel, as well as with physicians, families, and visitors
- Ability to manage the activities of a diverse group of professional, nonprofessional, and clerical employees.
- Possesses strong listening skills.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong planning skills to develop goals and objectives in concert with those of the hospital and the ability to implement action plans to meet those goals.
- Analytical ability to identify opportunities for improvements as well as positive problem resolution.
- Teaching abilities to promote optimum orientation and continuing education of staff.
- Advance knowledge of Performance Improvement Initiatives and able to identify areas for improvement and carry out measurable action plans.
- Budgeting skills to control fiscal operations of selected unit(s) and/or area(s) of responsibility, and to identify and explain variances.
- Has current knowledge of health care trends and issues and relates same to hospital and work area environment.
- Occasional prolonged standing, walking, sitting.
- Computer literate.
- Subject to inside environment conditions.
- Travels between facilities to attend joint meetings.