Registered Nurse Perinatal Testing Unit MHB
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Facility: Mercy Hospital of BuffaloStatus: Part Time Temporary Work Schedule: Days Bargaining Unit: CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: NoHours:730am-530pmShift: Shift 1:FTE: 0.500000: Summary:
The Perinatal Testing Unit Registered Professional Nurse coordinates total nursing care for the patient being cared for by the Perinatal Testing Unit. He/ she identifies individualized outcomes to develop a plan of care to attain those outcomes for the pregnant woman and her family. The RN maintains the flow of information, by obtaining and reviewing results, communicating results with the attending physician and appropriately counseling the patient. The RN is proficient in the application and interpretation of electronic fetal heart rate monitor tracings.Responsibilities:
- Current registration as registered professional nurse in New York State.
- Current BLS validation.
- AWHONN Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring Credentialed.
- First trimester Screening Counseling Certification (within 6 months of hire).
- Must attain NCC Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification within one (1) year of assignment. After attainment of initial Electronic Fetal Monitoring Certification, must recertify every three (3) years.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year of acute care nursing experience
- Two (2) years Labor and Delivery experience
- Recent Fetal Heart Rate Monitor interpretation experience
- The role requires excellent judgment and the ability to utilize critical thinking skills to provide optimal patient care under rapidly changing conditions.
- The RN directs a small group of employees performing similar or related tasks of a semi skilled nature.
- Assigns, assesses performance and maintains efficiency of staff assigned to her/him.
- Good mental and physical health.
- The ability to cope with stress and handle multiple priorities is required.
- Physical activities include: lifting, stooping, constant walking.
- Finger and hand dexterity and acute sensory faculties (visual acuity, aural acuity, and olfactory acuity) are required to appropriately assess changes in patient condition.
- The Perinatal Testing Unit Registered Nurse performs duties within the Maternal Child units on the Fourth floor of Mercy Hospital (L&D, Perinatal Testing Unit, Mother/Baby unit).
- Occasionally, the Perinatal Testing Unit RN will perform patient assessments in other units of the facility (ED, OR, PACU, ICU, General Medical Surgical units).
- May also be exposed to communicable diseases.