Supervising Counselor Rochester Pathways SCH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Rochester, NY, United States
Facility: Pathways RochesterStatus: Full Time Work Schedule: Days with Weekend and Holiday Rotation Bargaining Unit: ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime: Exempt: YesHours:
6a-2pShift: Shift 1:FTE: 1.000000: Summary:
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the clinic. Job scope includes both clinical and administrative duties. Supervising Counselor is responsible for facilitating weekly case conference, and assumes full administrative responsibility in the Clinical Coordinator's absence. Responsibilities:
- QHP preferred per 372.3-d. Qualified Health Professional (MD, PA, RN, LMSW, OTR, Psychologist, PhD, CASAC, CRC)
- Masters degree in human services field strongly preferred.
- Training and/or education in chemical dependency required
- Demonstrated knowledge or evidence of training regarding the stages of human development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in the chemical dependency or related field required
- Demonstrated experience specific to clinical documentation and record keeping.
- Demonstrated experience providing chemical dependency counseling, and/or counseling in an allied or related field required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Orientation and training will be provided, with the expectation that, within 90 days of employment, the employee will demonstrate a satisfactory level of competence in most areas of performance with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of State and Federal regulatory agencies, ( OASAS, JCAHO, DOH, DEA )
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
- Bi-Lingual abilities appropriate to population served may provide additional opportunity for communication.
- Documentation must be legible, concise, and professional.
- Must demonstrate outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to establish and maintain therapeutic relationships with all patients who present for care, treatment and service.
- Must function as a clinical team member, integrating the Core Values and VIP into all daily activities.
- Must demonstrate outstanding organizational skills, as job duties may include both clinical and administrative tasks.
- Must be able to clearly communicate expectations of job scope, performance, and/or issues regarding job performance with subordinate staff.
- Must consistently display an understanding of, and commitment to providing service, treatment, and care at the highest level.
- Works in an office environment
- May work in one or more clinical sites as programming and staffing needs require.
- May work evenings, week-ends, and holidays as scheduled.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.