Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 2
Variable start time according to availabilityStatus:
Per Diem FTE: 0.100000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Primary responsibility is to perform tests on body fluids to provide information for the diagnosis and treatment of patients. The ability to properly handle specimens, which will be analyzed at a later time is required. The ability to prioritize work to ensure efficient performance is required.
- Associates (AAS) Medical Laboratory Technology degree or related discipline required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- NYS Licensure Required
- Must obtain full NYS license within 90 days of graduation
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain information and interpret this information in terms of the patient's needs
- Knowledge of growth and development
- Understanding of the range of treatment needed by these patients
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment.
- Ability to work in stressful situations is required.
- Schedule flexibility is required.