Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 2Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.100000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
3p-11p, 4p-12p, 11p-7a, 7p-8a, 6p-7a
Primary responsibility is the implementation of the section's objectives, quality control, and communication. Familiarity with concepts, theories, and procedures of a clinical microbiology laboratory including microorganisms, their habitats, and their significance in clinical specimens. Clinical Laboratory Technologists may also perform duties of Charge Technologists when called upon provided they have six (6) years of experience as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist. Charge Technologists duties include operational functions such as patient and QC review, log sheet review, emergency scheduling, communications to other hospital officials as well as laboratory leadership, instrument service deployment authorization, safety related command, and other operational duties that require leadership action.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Medical Technology or related discipline
- NYS Licensure required
- Must obtain full NYS license within 90 days
KNOWLEDGE, SILL AND ABILITY
- Clinical rotation from an accredited school, in a hospital setting
- Six (6) years clinical laboratory work experience if acting as a Charge Technologist
- Able to work safely with infectious and/or hazardous materials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment.
- Ability to work in stressful situations is required.
- Schedule flexibility is required.