Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 1
8-4 or 8:30 to 4:30Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Responsible for cardiothoracic patient calls, assessing urgency for clinical intervention. The Coordinator ensures that the mission and values of the office are reflected in all interactions with all patients. This position greatly influences the patient experience.
Manages the planning and coordination of cardiothoracic services; prioritize patient flow and ensure optimum utilization of surgical services.
The Coordinator works cooperatively with physicians, midlevels, ancillary departments and external offices to ensure all steps in the pre-surgical process are accomplished.
Responsible for ensuring patient needs are being met. This position develops, coordinates, implements and monitors scheduling practices to meet the needs of the surgeons, patients and the hospital.
- Associate degree preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Five (5) years of experience in hospital setting preferred
- Previous experience working with surgeons and clinical staff required
- Working knowledge of surgery scheduling activity preferred
- Self-directed; ability to work without supervision
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong Verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility in job to support service area goals
- Strong computer skills required
- Ability to work with a variety of software programs
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions