McAuley Residence SNF Sub AcuteShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
7:30 am to 3:30 pm or 8 pm to 4 pm
The Clinical Nurse Manager, Sub-Acute is responsible for coordinating the clinical activities of the sub-acute nursing unit. Ensures that high quality care is provided to medically complex patients in a fast paced setting. Leads the coordinated efforts of the interdisciplinary team to ensure the delivery of high quality care and the planning for a safe discharge. In accordance with the current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations, the Clinical Nurse Manager will ensure optimal quality of care.
Responsible for meeting the goals of a High Performing Health System. This position entails 24 hour responsibility, authority and accountability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Current New York State license as a Registered Professional Nurse required
KNOWLEDGE,SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum two (2) years current experience with demonstrated competence as RN in managing patient care required;
- Minimum two (2) year previous long term care, sub-acute, certified home health care, or medical/ surgical RN experience required;
- Two (2) years leadership/ management experience preferred. Effective communication skills, conflict mediation skills, ability to develop and articulate vision for standards of care, effective resource procurement and allocation, ability to mentor others, and ability to coordinate activities of others required.
- Strong clinical quality management skills
- Strong problem solving and innovation
- Knowledge of the New York State Nurse Practice Act
- Ability to Prioritize/Multitask
- Strong Financial Ability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team building skills
- Ability to manage vision and purpose
- Conflict management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and ability to learn other computer software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Leadership abilities and ability to coach and mentor direct reports for performance
- Frequent exposure to many disagreeable physical conditions.