Nurse Manager 2 West Medical Unit KMH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Kenmore, NY, United States
Date Posted: Feb 12, 2021
Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
The Nurse Manager, under the leadership and in collaboration with the Director and Vice President of Patient Care Services, is responsible for the planning, priority setting, coordination and evaluation of programs of patient care for designated patient populations. The Nurse Manager facilitates collegial relationships between care teams. The Nurse Manager assumes responsibility for the management of fiscal and material resources. Abiding by Kenmore Mercy Hospital and Catholic Health Mission and Values, the Nurse Manager has 24 hour accountability and responsibility for the human resource and outcome management for designated patient populations. The Nurse Manager supports, plans, implements and evaluates the goals and policies of Kenmore Mercy Hospital and Catholic Health.
- Graduate of accredited professional nursing program.
- Current RN licensure in State of New York.
- Baccalaureate in Nursing required.
- Current BLS certification.
- National certification in a related clinical area or leadership within 2 years of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Three (3) or more years clinical nursing experience/charge nurse experience.
- Leadership experience preferred
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with all levels of unit personnel, as well as physicians, families, visitors, and to manage the activities of a diverse group of professional, nonprofessional, and clerical employees.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and possess active listening skills
- Analytical ability to identify opportunities for improvements as well as positive problem resolution. Maintains deadlines for coordination of data collection.
- Teaching abilities to promote optimum orientation and continuing education to staff.
- Has current knowledge of health care trends and issues and relates same to hospital and work area environment.
- Able to use computer programs and other office equipment as necessary
- Knowledge of budget and fiduciary responsibility.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.