St. Francis ParkShift: Shift 1Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.010000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: Not ApplicableWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
The Resident Care Aide is responsible for assisting residents with activities of daily living and non-professional services. Provides care and comfort to the residents.
This position is eligible to participate in the THRIVE program that provides education and a Workforce Coach to support them through their first year of employment.
- High School diploma or GED, OR
- Pass high school proficiency exam.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- Successful completion of an approved Department of Health Personal Care Aide Training Program, Home Health Aide (HHA) Training Program or Department of Health approved equivalency exam with the written evidence of such completion required within thirty (30) days from date of hire.
- Successful completion of an approved Department of Health Medication Aide Training Program within ninety (90) days from date of hire.
- Successful completion of an approved CPR course within ninety (90) days from date of hire.
- Previous experience working as a PCA, HHA, or Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) preferred.
- Communication skills which may inclusive of approach, tone of voice, speed of communication, respectfulness, non-verbal communication
- 18 years of age or older required
- Basic Computer and Telephone Skills
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to understand and carry out directions
- On feet all day, exposure to hot temperatures especially in bath area
- Frequent exposure to many disagreeable physical conditions