Mercy Hospital of BuffaloShift: Shift 1Status:
Part Time w/Benefits FTE: 0.500000Bargaining Unit:
CWA Local 1133Exempt from Overtime:
Coordinates the pre-surgical patient through the pre-surgical evaluation process. Performs pre-surgical testing procedures that include venous blood draws and EKG's. Collaboratively working with the physicians' offices, Nurse Practitioners, Pre-Surgical Evaluation RN's, pre-surgical/ASU unit clerk and other hospital departments to prepare the surgical patient for surgery. Schedules pre-surgical appointments, enters admission information into the computer and initiates patient health data collection. Assembles surgical patient medical record.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- High school graduate or equivalent
- New hires: Medical Assistant prepared or LPN.
- Basic computer skills and data entry.
- Uses office equipment.
- Will be required to perform blood draws and performing EKGs.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions
- Flexible regarding assigned shifts to satisfy unit staffing needs