Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days and EveningsHours:
7:00a-3:00p, 7:30a-;3:30p, 8:00a-4:00p, 8:30a-4:30p and/or 9:00a-5:00p Monday-Friday, Saturday based on the needs of the department
The Office Supervisor is responsible for the daily operational management of SOC Cardiac Center site. Responsibilities include the supervision, coordination and support of the clinic staff. Responsible for coordination and facilitation of the administrative personnel, clerical, housekeeping, and maintenance as related to direct patient care. Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Maintains confidentiality of all information. Strives to incorporate the philosophy and mission of the Hospital.
- Associates Degree as Medical Office Assistant/Nursing, Business or other Healthcare related field required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Healthcare related field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) to three (3) Years private office experience in one of the following - Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or Family Practice required.
- CPT Coding knowledge preferred.
- Medical terminology required.
- Management/supervisory experience in healthcare field preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to supervise staff
- Ability to handle a fast paced office
- Knowledge of medical practices
- Strong time management skills
- Advanced computer skills including excel and word programs
- Exposed to: Infection from disease-bearing specimens, a variety of electro-mechanical hazards, odorous chemicals and specimens, housekeeping cleaning agents/chemicals, hazardous anesthetic agents, body fluids and wastes; unpleasant elements (accidents, injuries and illness); dangers of assaults/hazards from investigating alarms.
- May be exposed to: infections and contagious diseases; biohazardous, radioactive substances; toxic chemical (photocopier).
- Subject to: many interruptions
- Occasional exposure to unpleasant patient or elements
- Contact with patients under wide variety of circumstances
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours
- Handles: absentee replacement on short notice; emergency/crisis situations (potential patient violence)
- Increased pressure due to multiple calls and inquiries