Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
variable 7-3, 8-4
Primary responsibility for the overall management of laboratory personnel and maintenance of policies, procedures, safety practices and quality control practices with their respective departments at Kenmore Mercy Hospital. The Urgent Response Laboratory (URL) Manager will act as liaison between the Department of Laboratory Medicine, Nursing and Medical staffs, Quality and Patient Safety, Finance and Purchasing and promote and assist in the consolidation and standardization of laboratory testing. Acting as the Quality Systems Manager for a specific site or area of responsibility and in concert with the Manager of Pathology and Laboratory Quality Initiatives, the laboratory manager will perform and document Quality Assurance activities as defined by Laboratory Administrative and Medical Leadership.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Medical Technology or related discipline required
- NYS Licensure required
- MT (ASCP) registered/eligible or equivalent
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Six (6) years of clinical laboratory work experience required
- Demonstrated management skills working in an integrated system
- Ability to create a pleasant work environment, resolve conflict, develop a team approach to problem solving
- Strong negotiation skills
- Able to work well in stressful situations
- Able to work safely with infectious material and/or hazardous material
- Customer focused
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.
- Schedule flexibility required
- Occasional local travel