Lead Nutrition Office Clerk SCH
This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Buffalo, NY, United States
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2021
Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
6-2, 6:45-2:45, 11-7
The Lead Nutrition Office Clerk provides administrative leadership, support, and direction for the Diet Office team and promotes and maintains a positive service culture. Ensures and oversees meal service to inpatients, residents, and participants of the Adult Day Care program. Process diet orders, admissions, discharges and transfers. Obtain meal orders in an efficient and timely manner assuring that prescribed diet guidelines and patient specific needs are met. Coordinates nutrition office procedures with all members of the clinical nutrition staff. Demonstrates proficiency at utilizing hospital and nutrition office computer systems. Assists the Clinical Nutrition Manager with daily operational office functions including database management, quality assurance activities, scheduling/timekeeping, office supply ordering, and maintains a clean and organized office environment. Adheres to the Values in Practice initiatives.
- Associates degree in health related field; Dietetics/Nutrition preferred.
- Registered as a Dietetic Technician with the Commission on Dietetic Registration preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- One (1) year experience in a Food and Nutrition Service Department preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills with strong focus on service excellence
- Must demonstrate strong reading, writing, and communication skills
- Strong team leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must possess general office skills, including by not limited to computer/keyboarding, using multipurpose machines, and demonstrates computer proficiency
- Must demonstrate the ability to be detail oriented and perform tasks at a high rate of accuracy
- Ability to apply judgement independently, and prioritize tasks
- Able to work well in stressful situations and conditions of frequent interruption
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.