Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
8:00am to 4:00pm
- Facilitates the planning, organizing, coordinating, implementing and monitoring of the Infection Prevention Program through a team approach.
-Assures that Catholic Health (CH) meets current evidenced based Infection Prevention Standards applied by external agencies such as the Center for Disease Control, Department of Health, Joint Commission, OSHA and others.
-Assures that the Infection Prevention Program provides a safe environment for patients, visitors, associates and affiliates through prevention and risk reduction interventions.
-This position involves professional responsibilities in the areas of case findings, surveillance, reporting, analysis and interpretation, inspection, prevention, education, consultation and recommendations.
-Program goal is to prevent disease transmission in all settings, identify opportunities to institute infection prevention strategies and to minimize disease transmission in an outbreak situation.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred
- Licensed healthcare professional (including, registered nurse, nurse practitioner, medical technologist, respiratory therapist) with current NYS registration/license in good standing required
- Certification or eligibility for certification in Infection Control with achievement of certification within two years of hire
- Certification in Infection Control preferred
- Certification to be achieved within two years of hire
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Minimum of three (3) years of clinical experience with preference for five (5) years clinical experience
- One (1) year of critical care experience desired
- Experience in planning and presentation of group programs
- Supervisory experience beneficial
- Proficient in relevant software applications
- Strong critical thinking and clinical problem solving ability
- Requires good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule and able to travel to multiple CH sites
- Required to carry a cell phone to be available for emergent issues
- Requires extensive walking
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs
- Potential exposure to one or more unpleasant physical conditions
- Potential exposure to communicable disease or other biological agents