Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
UFCW Local 1Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and EveningsHours:
600-200, 700-300, 1100-700, 300-1100
The Nurse Assistant (NA) provides basic care to patients by assisting professional patient caregivers in meeting identified needs of patients. Performs various patient care activities and provides related non-professional services as required to meet the personal and comfort needs of patients. Maintains a clean, safe, and neat environment. Functions under the supervision of the professional nurse. Performs duties of the job in accordance with hospital policy, standards of care and procedures.
Maintains supply of case carts to and from SPD to OR. Transports lab specimens and performs other errands as needed. Assists in the cleaning and stocking of the OR rooms and equipment. Assists in patient transportation. Functions under the supervision of the professional nurse. Performs duties of the job in accordance with hospital policy, standards of care and procedures.
This position is eligible to participate in the THRIVE program that provides education and a Workforce Coach to support them through their first year of employment.
Responsibilities:SKILL AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS (MINIMUM)
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (TECHNICAL/PHYSICAL)
- High school diploma, ability to read with comprehension, do simple arithmetic and write legibly
- Must meet one of the following criteria: worked in nursing home or hospital for one year as a Nursing Assistant, or
- Must be currently a student nurse or must have certification as a Nursing Assistant from an approved program: and will consider other types of nursing patient care experience or training
- Good mental and physical health. Activity includes balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions and heavy work, and the ability to cope with stress
- Subject to inside environmental conditions. Flexible regarding assigned time to satisfy unit staffing needs