Kenmore Mercy HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
UFCW Local 1Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
Under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy, Lead Clinical Pharmacist, Clinical Pharmacists and, where applicable, the Senior Pharmacy Technician & Buyer or other designated supervisory personnel, performs technical activities associated with dispensing pharmaceuticals.
Responsibilities:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- High School diploma or GED required;
- Six (6) months experience as a pharmacy technician required, or graduate of a formal Pharmacy Technician training program with Certification from Pharmacy Technician Certification Board required.
- If hired with 6 months of experience, Pharmacy Technician Certification required within 1 year of hire (for new external hires or transfers from outside the department - current hospital or CH transfers).
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to successfully pass a test of pharmacy math (grade of 80% or higher).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate office equipment, personal computer, telephone, fax machine, copy machine, hospital information systems, automated dispensing units and various other types of pharmacy automation.
- Proficient at report generation from various information systems.
- Proficiency in metric system and various types of pharmacy math calculations.
- Communicates effectively with physicians, nurses and other health professionals in matters pertaining to pharmacy services.
- Good manual dexterity (typing).
- Proficient in data entry.
- Works in office/warehouse setting with regular trips to patient care areas.
- Normal heat, light and safe working environment, typical of most office jobs.
- Works at computer intermittently for short periods of time, inputting or retrieving data and generating labels and reports.
- Occasional exposure to one or more mildly unpleasant physical conditions.