Home Care PharmacyShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
8-4, hours will vary
The Director Pharmacy for Home and Community Based Care is responsible for directing, coordinating, and controlling the operation of all Home Care Pharmacy services including oral, infusion, retail, specialty, infusion suite and the liaison to the respiratory therapy/durable medical equipment (RT/DME) joint venture. Position is responsible for directing and controlling the purchase, inventory maintenance and record keeping of all pharmaceutical and related substances/supplies. Directs and participates in departmental planning; revenue analysis, budgeting, education, and human resource management activities. Position ensures compliance with Pharmaceutical patient care quality standards, regulatory agencies, and accrediting bodies.
- B.S. in Pharmacy from a college accredited by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education required.
- Licensed to practice pharmacy by New York State
- Minimum of three (3) years Pharmacy experience required
- Minimum of two (2) years pharmacy management experience required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a durable medical equipment environment preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in infusion pharmacy preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY
- Considerable initiative and judgment in problem solving;
- Ability to deal with day-to-day problems on a consistent basis;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures;
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff;
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements
- Knowledge of policies and regulations pertaining to the disbursement of pharmaceutical drugs;
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications;
- Ability to design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data;
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards;