Home Care PharmacyShift: Shift 1Status:
Per Diem FTE: 0.100000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Varies: Monday through Saturday from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Under the direction of the Director of Pharmacy, Lead LTC Pharmacist and Staff Pharmacist, and according to New York State law, performs technical activities associated with dispensing pharmaceuticals to Long Term care facilities
- High School diploma or GED required
- Six (6) months experience as a pharmacy technician required or Graduate of a formal Pharmacy Technician training program with Certification from the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board required.
- If hired with 6 months of experience, Pharmacy Technician Certification required within 1 year of hire (for new external hires or transfers from outside the department - current hospital or CH transfers).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Additional Pharmacy experience preferred.
- Two (2) - six (6) weeks of orientation, depending on prior experience.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Knowledge of math.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Computer skills including:
- Pharmacy computer system program
- Automated dispensing machine
- Long Term Care computer operating system
- Equipment Operated:Computer, laminar flow hood, biological hood, compounding devices, labeling machine, repackaging machines, computer software systems, automated medication dispensing machines, when applicable.
- Must learn abbreviations, brand and generic comparisons c., for interpreting prescriptions for filling