There is no greater satisfaction than doing work that helps people when they need it the most. Whether you work with patients or support the people who do, at Catholic Health you will be part of a team that believes a career is a calling and knows healthcare serves a higher purpose. Catholic Health, like many healthcare systems in the world, is working to keep patients, long term care residents, staff and community safe. They were the first in the sate of New York to establish a COVID-only facility to bring the highest level of care to patients.
Catholic Health is a four-hospital system on five campuses with a combined 1,100 beds and medical staff of over 1,500. Catholic Health leads the region in quality, patient safety and patient experience, and has the only Magnet-designated hospital in the region. With state-of-the-art stroke care, neuro and vascular services and nationally recognized for cardiac, orthopedic and bariatric services. Catholic Health has a rapidly growning employmed medical group of over 175 physicians.
If you are a talented individual with a desire to learn, grow, contribute and want to love the work you do alongside a team that understands healthcare serves a higher purpose - Catholic Health is for you!Summary:
The Medical Assistant is under the direct supervision of the LPN, RN, NP, Physician Assistant and/or Physician to deliver care to the patient and assist the health care provider.Responsibilities: EDUCATION
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Associates degree or certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
- Proficient in computer skills, including the use of a computer (keyboarding and the mouse), Microsoft Word and email
- Mental and physical health sufficient to withstand strenuous activity, bending, lifting, walking
- Hand and finger dexterity to manipulate hospital equipment
- Desire and skill to meet the needs of the outpatient
- Continuous awareness of need for safety measures in patient care
- Must strive for gentle, friendly, cooperative and courteous behavior toward our poor and underprivileged population