Mount St. Mary's HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
SEIU Local 1199Exempt from Overtime:
Exempt: NoWork Schedule:
Primarily 7:00am-3:00pm with rotation to 8:00am-4:00pm or 9:00am-5:00pm
Under the general supervision and direction of the Anesthesiologist and Nurse Manager Intraoperative Services, the Anesthesia Technician provides technical and supportive services for the Department of Anesthesiology in accordance with the American Society of Anesthesia Technologists Standard of Care. Ensures continued reliability of anesthesia equipment and availability of necessary supplies. Provides clinical support to anesthesia staff during patient care.
**Trainee** position will be paid at Grade MSS4A. After one year of experience, job classification will change to Anesthesiology Technician at higher pay grade.
- High School graduate or GED required.
- Certification through ASAT preferred.
- Previous anesthesia experience and/or six (6) months of experience as a Nurse Attendant in a Surgical Setting or completion of a Certified Nurse Attendant course required.
- If no such applicant exists, the Hospital will consider an applicant as a Trainee who possesses a minimum of one (1) year of clinical patient care experience in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Previous experience in maintenance of anesthesia supplies and equipment preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS: ENVIRONMENT
- Communication and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of sterile technique preferred.
- Skill and knowledge of invasive lines preferred.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills; word processing.
- Demonstrates typing ability.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills; order entry.
- Normal heat, light space, and safe working environment; typical of most office jobs.
- Intermittent exposure to a few unpleasant physical conditions.