Sisters of Charity HospitalShift: Shift 1Status:
Full Time FTE: 1.000000Bargaining Unit:
ACE AssociatesExempt from Overtime:
Exempt: YesWork Schedule:
Days and Evenings with Weekend and Holiday RotationHours:
varies, 2p-10p, 9a-10p, will work at both campuses
Works with the System Director of Pharmacy Services and site pharmacy leadership in the establishment and maintenance of a comprehensive Clinical Pharmacy Services Program in a specific area of specialization. Areas of clinical pharmacy specialization include critical care, ED, ambulatory care, oncology, Infectious Diseases, and internal medicine. Incumbent coordinates and actively participates in various programs and activities within the scope of the Clinical Pharmacy Services Program. Provides educational programs for nurses, pharmacists, medical and pharmacy residents, physicians, mid-level providers, patients and their families. Assists System Director of Pharmacy and site pharmacy leadership in maintenance of readiness by regulatory agencies and in ongoing compliance with all statutory regulations.
Responsibilities:EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD) with PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency focusing in a hospital or ambulatory care setting. Minimum of one rotation in area of specialization. Board Certification (Board of Pharmacy Specialties also known as BPS) required within one year of eligibility. Specialty specific Board Certification required within one year of eligibility, or
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD) with 4 years of experience as Clinical Pharmacist with over 50 percent of their experience in a clinical setting and Board Certification (BPS), or
- Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy with 5 years' experience as a Clinical Pharmacist with over 50 percent of their experience in a clinical setting and Board Certification (BPS), or
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree (PharmD) and eligibility for certification by the NY State Education Department to practice under a Collaborative Drug Therapy Management (CDTM) protocol. Eligibility for CDTM certification includes:
- PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency focusing in a hospital or ambulatory care setting with minimum of one additional year of clinical experience as a licensed pharmacist.
- Such experience must be the provision of clinical services in a health facility which involves consultation with physicians with respect to drug therapy
- PGY-2 Pharmacy Residency in a hospital or ambulatory care setting counts toward experience requirement
- Board Certification (BPS) required within one year of hire or specialty specific requirements
- Within 12 months of hire, maintains compliance with preceptor qualifications set forth by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP)
- Valid license and current registration to practice Pharmacy in New York State.
- All Pharmacy Residencies require ASHP accreditation or candidate status
- Maintenance of Board Certification required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
- Ability to analyze/interpret and utilize results of various laboratory and microbiology tests and apply them to patient care in a clinical practice setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to convey educational material in an understandable manner to patients and their families.
- Ability to coordinate activities of multiple personnel and supervise their daily activities
- Ability to use hospital based information systems including Pharmacy, Laboratory, Patient Accounting and office systems
- Ability to operate ancillary patient care information systems in conjunction with operation of patient testing equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with Physicians, Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses and other allied health professionals.